Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sleep Sack

Dorothy models her new sleep sack made by her mom.  4.25.12

Today I sewed Dorothy a fleece sleep sack, or wearable blanket.  I was inspired by this pattern which I found on Pinterest, but didn't follow it exactly as written.  It didn't turn out perfect, but Dorothy doesn't seem to mind.  It was my first time sewing in a zipper.  The 3/4 yard of fleece cost $3.75 on sale at JoAnn Fabric, and I just picked up the zipper in town at Ben Franklin for $3.15.  I used a 22 inch separating zipper and sewed it in so that it zips up from the bottom so that the baby can't undo it herself.  I will stock up on zippers and fleece the next time I find them on sale and definitely make this project again.  The whole project took me less than an hour start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment