Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Farm Family

Meet the newest addition to our farm family, Pollyanna.  We call her Polly, or PA, or kitty.  She is a very friendly farm kitten that was given to us from a friend's grandma.  She's been with us for about three weeks now, lives outside in the barn, and I think she kind of likes us.

Pollyanna 7.26.11
Remember the bull calf that was born here Easter weekend, B. Rabbit?  Well, he was down in the corral last night, so I snapped a picture of him.  He is getting huge!  Oh, and yes, it looks as though he had had his face pooped on right before I took the picture.

B. Rabbit, three month old steer calf 7.26.11
B. Rabbit, bull calf born 4.23.11
Also yesterday, we decided to turn two of our roosters loose in the yard - you know, just because we thought it would be kind of fun to have roosters running loose.  Well, I think so anyway.  These roosters were hatched last winter from the very first batch of eggs that I put in my incubator.  

Roosters, Americana cross 7.26.11

No comments:

Post a Comment