Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

I try to avoid using "packets" when I cook, but this Onion Soup Mix pouch has been hiding out in my pantry for a long time and I wanted to finally use it up.  I used a pork roast this time, but it's also good with beef.

Pork Roast with Onions, Carrots, and Potatoes in Slow Cooker 2.5.12


Slow Cooker Pot Roast


2-3 pound roast (freezer, locally raised pork)
6-8 small to medium potatoes (pantry, from our garden)
8-10 carrots, peeled and cut into pieces (fridge)
1 medium onion, sliced into rings and separated (pantry)
1 packet of dry onion soup mix (pantry)
1 cup water


1.  Place roast into slow cooker and cover with 1/2 of soup mix, potatoes, carrots, and onion.  Pour water over everything and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 of soup packet.
2.  Cook in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment