Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Oven-Fried Chicken

The nice thing about cooking a big pan of lasagna for just the two of us like I did on Thursday, is that we have lots of leftovers.  So, I didn't have to cook again until Saturday night when I made Oven-Fried Chicken.  We had all of the ingredients on hand for this recipe.  This recipe is very easy and so yummy!  I served it with couscous (pantry) and a can of sweet peas (pantry).

Oven-Fried Chicken

1 egg (fridge, homegrown)
3 tablespoons milk (fridge)
30 (approx.) saltine or round butter crackers (pantry)
1 teaspoon of dried thyme (pantry)
1/2 teaspoon paprika (pantry)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper (pantry)
2 1/2 to 3 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces (freezer, homegrown)

1.  Preheat oven to 375F.
2.  Beat egg and combine with milk in a medium bowl.  
3.  In a one gallon zip close storage bag, combine crackers, thyme, paprika, and pepper.  Close the bag and use a rolling pin (or glass bottle) to crush the crackers to a fine consistency.  
4.  Dip chicken pieces one at a time into egg/milk mixture, and then place them in the bag one at a time with the crackers.  Close the bag and shake it around until the piece of chicken is covered with the cracker mixture.  Remove the chicken from the bag and place it bone side down onto a greased baking pan.  (I like to put aluminium foil onto the pan first and then cover that with cooking spray for easy clean up.)  Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
5.  Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment