There was some serious nesting going on at the Redden house this weekend. Derek had Saturday and Sunday off from both jobs, and he couldn't wait to do some projects of his own. On Saturday, we cleaned out the middle bedroom and laid new carpet. I really need to work on clearing clutter; I'd like to say that I purged a lot of junk, and organized and filed away everything that was in there, but as of right now, everything just got piled up into the other bedroom. Derek also installed a dimmer switch on the lights - very exciting. We were so thrilled to have the room cleaned out, and the new carpet in, that we put together the crib that night too! Thanks Grandma Lisa for the new crib - we love it.
I guess since the room is blue (name of the paint is "blue blood" actually) it might look like a boy room, but neither of us like to paint, so we are going to leave it blue whether this baby is a boy or a girl. Derek pointed out the fact that, "Anyone who is going to be in the bedroom with the baby should probably already know if it's a boy or a girl."
On Sunday, Derek hung new cabinets by the washing machine.
And then, I cooked us homemade Chicken Kiev over rice with steamed carrots for supper. But, I didn't take a picture; this post would have been better with a picture of dinner. Oh well, this is my first post, so I want to leave some room for improvement.
I also wish I could be funnier for this blog; I guess there's room for improvement there too. For right now, you'll just have to settle for informative, Friends.
First off, I absolutely love the name of your blog, Big Mamma Red. Sorry, just a little name I thought I'd throw out for you and your newly acquired "condition." Again, sorry, that was inappropriate. I know pregnancy is not a "condition."
ReplyDeleteI am very much looking forward to following this blog. Religiously.
My thoughts about the paint color - I love it. I think it's an appropriate color for either sex. I mean, ideally, you would put up wallpaper in a nice Mossy Oak Shadow Grass camo pattern, but I understand if you want to wait until the kid is at least 2 or 3 to do that. At what age do babies start to see color, by the way?
-Chels
The cupboards look fantastic! And the crib is beautiful! Well done, Grandma Lisa.
ReplyDeleteI'm still loling about Derek's comment regarding the blue... lol.
What's on the menu for tonight? Picture, please!
Thank you dear friends for commenting on my first blog post. I am confident that even if my blog is not that funny, the comments from you all will be.
ReplyDeleteChels, I think it might be a "condition" - and I think it's sweet that you think I can be so easily offended. No apologies necessary.
It is a "condition", that makes people talk in weeks instead of days or months. Its hard for us that don't have it.
ReplyDeleteI wish that I was notified when other people commented, like facebook.