A long time ago I read somewhere that a homemade pizza shouldn't have more than one cup of toppings on it total. Thank you, Elizabeth, for assuring me that is not a rule to follow. Bring on the toppings.
Before anyone gets too worked up about the beverage selection, relax, that's cran-raspberry juice in the wine glass. I just have to. The Northern Honey Brown Lager, is Derek's new favorite beer. See, last year, Derek was devastated when Cold Spring Brewing discontinued its line of Gluek beers, including his beloved Honey Bock. (Sidenote: You may also have heard Derek or other family members refer to this very same beer by another name. In May of 2009, Derek brought a case of Honey Bock with on a trip to Whitehall, Montana to visit my uncle Jeff on the ranch where he works. When one of girls on the ranch saw Derek's beer in the cooler she misread the name, and misinterpreted the illustration and laughed, "Who's drinking the HORNY BUCK BEER?!" And Horny Buck beer was born.
Clearly a ram, and not a buck.
The Northern Honey Brown Lager is also brewed in Cold Spring, MN, and we're pretty sure that it is probably the same beer in a different can. In fact, I gave Derek a blind taste test (he still has eight cans of Horny Buck left that he's been saving) and he couldn't even tell the difference between the two beers. So, major score, Derek has his favorite beer back - sort of - it's local, and only $13.49 for a 24-pack.
Did you know that blind taste tests, or taste tests of any kind really, are one of my favorite things? I am also a big fan of sets of before and after pictures - of just about anything.
Love the pizza, the more toppings the better! I would totally put juice in a wine glass too...love it! :) I am glad I can keep up with you guys this way...now if I can only keep mine updated...hehe.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of before and after pics- lets get those baby bump photos going. Baby bump or not. Baby redden is 14 weeks and 2 days old (thank god for the countdown!) and we want pics!
ReplyDeleteI really do like the countdown, and I especially like the little baby coming out of a pea pod- can't wait till you take a picture of the actual baby Redden wrapped up like a little garden pea pod!
The pizza looks delicious, you're welcome about the topping limit.
Say hi to Dare-Bear. What does he think of the new blog? OH, and tell him the cabinets look soooo wonderful! While we're talking about that room, apologize for me about the sink thing again.
Love you xxxxxxxxx
Love the pictures, Care. Just a tip for future pics, try to avoid outlets in the background. :) I can not wait to see how delicious your food looks that first week or two after you get home from the hospital. I have high expectations by the way. I am also glad Elizabeth is keeping track of Baby Redden's gestational age. Let's see that bump!
ReplyDeleteI demand that this be performed by Carrie and Derek at the Co-Ed Baby Shower.
ReplyDelete"My Bump"
What you gon’ do with all that spunk?
All that spunk inside your chunk?
Please don’t get, get, get, get, you drunk
You can’t be drunk with that hump.
Your hump, your hump, your hump, your hump, your hump,
Your hump, your hump, your hump, your lovely baby bump (Check it out)
You drive your husband crazy,
You do it on the daily,
He treats your really nicely,
He cleans up all that feces.
From Roma and Montana,
The flora and the fauna
Carin’ and he sharin’
All his money got you wearin’ fly
Hubby ain’t you askin’,
He says he loves your ass’n,
Momma jean fo’ pregnant women
You say no, but he keeps givin’
So you keep on takin’
Cabinets he makin’
And you both hate paintin’
Soon you’ll be lactatin’
Your love (love), your love, your love, your love (love)
You love your baby bump (love),
Your hump, your hump, your hump (love),
Your hump it got you,
(Derek) They’ve got me spending
(Oh) Spendin’ all your money on us and spending time on us
(Derek) They’ve got me spendin’
(Oh) Spendin’ all your money on us, up on us, on us
Liz - Derek has read my blog posts so far, and I convinced him to become a "follower." The only thing he reacts to are the comments from others, which is probably appropriate since really, the rest of the post is "old news" for him. Under his rough and tough exterior we all know he is a softie and puts a high value on keeping in touch with friends and family. And I also LOVE the baby countdown ticker (pea pod) - thanks!
ReplyDeleteLaura - Come on, I did notice the outlet, but I thought you of all people would be supportive of the electrical paraphernalia in the background. Two weeks after the baby - won't you and Mom be here to cook for me?! :)
Chels - A post worthy of copying into the Maternity Journal! And I can't wait to start practicing (and I'm sure Derek too) for a performance at the baby shower.
Fergie's got nothin' on Big Mamma Red.
ReplyDelete