Friday, April 8, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

This afternoon I baked a batch of Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.  It's the recipe on the inside cover of Quaker Oats.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.8.11

Also this week, I got a new camera!  It was an early birthday present to myself, and one of those things that I justified as a practical and essential purchase to make before baby.  It has many, many options, and I've barely gotten a chance to play with it, so I've still got lots to learn.  Today, though, I found out that it has a scene setting just for taking pictures of FOOD - how cool?!

4 comments:

  1. Cookies are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a setting just for food?! best. camera. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that does sound like the best camera ever. And those cookie look delish. That is the recipe I use too! Except I always put chocolate chips in instead of raisins. Mmm...chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a setting just for food; it's called Gourmet Scene.

    Chocolate chips instead of raisins sounds really yummy. I am definitely going to do that next time, because I think this recipe (with the oatmeal) so much better than my plain chocolate cookies. Ruth, do you not like raisins? Just a survey question. I wish I had put more raisins in those cookies. And I like eating a handful of raisins just for a snack.

    ReplyDelete